Long term care and Medicaid can be difficult and confusing. An Elder Law Attorney can help by:
- Finding options to protect the Community Spouse through:
+ preservation of assets;
+ transitioning countable assets into excluded assets; and
+ petitioning for a higher level of income, assets, or both.
- Providing a summary of costs and the best approach for paying for long-term care.
- Assisting with the Medicaid Application.
- Providing guidance regarding transfers and penalties.
- Providing connections to other service providers.
- Helping families through a difficult and confusing time.
Meredith Williamson has worked with seniors for over ten years as they navigate long-term care. She understands the benefits and drawbacks of Medicaid for both the person and the community they live in. She has a passion for helping the community spouse through a difficult time.
Facing long-term care can be scary; having someone in your corner can keep the stress lower and make a big difference in properly saving more of your assets and understanding your options. There is not a single route for each person but there are options that you should be aware of before the process begins.
The earlier you come in the more options you may have. Meredith offers a consultation and road map for a flat fee. Call today to schedule your appointment at (503) 445-2232.
For more information on Oregon Medicaid (OSIP) watch the videos below:
Do I qualify for Medicaid to pay for long-term care? https://vimeo.com/233722794
Will Medicaid pay for my spouse’s long-term care? https://vimeo.com/233723145
What is an Income Cap Trust?
See current (2021) Oregon Medicaid rates here.